“America’s Best-Known Cult Expert,” Steven Hassan in his new 25th Anniversary Edition of Combating Cult Mind Control explains why people get involved with cults – such as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
He says “The techniques of undue influence have evolved dramatically since the first edition of Combating Cult Mind Control, and continue to do so.
Vast arrays of techniques exist to deceive, manipulate, and indoctrinate people into closed systems of obedience and dependency. The essential information in this book will prepare you for the new realities of mind control.”
In this 25th anniversary edition you’ll find:
- New stories of people who fell under the sway of cults and other forms of undue influence. These include terrorist cult and sex trafficking victims.
- New information on the many sophisticated ways social media are now used for mind control—and how to spot and resist them.
- Updates on the many types of organizations that often use mind control.
- Information on the neuroscience behind mind control.
- What legislators, courts, mental health professionals, and ordinary citizens can do to resist mind control and make our world safer.
Available now in ebook and paperback
Previous JWR article
Listen to Steve talk about Combating Cult Mind Control on JWPodcast